I *really* want an iPhone. It’s not that I can’t go out and buy one, especially since Steve just lowered the price by $200, it’s just that the iPhone doesn’t fulfill one of my *critical* needs.
I’m a doctor. I gave up using a pager in lieu of a cell phone over 6 years ago. I don’t miss it. Currently, I’m using a Treo 650 and it suits my needs better than an iPhone in only the following category.
Unfortunately, it’s an important category. The alert tone on the iPhone is not currently customizable, nor is it loud enough by half. By loud enough I mean can I hear it from the other end of the house.
Steve if you’re listening here’s what I want in an alert tone.
1. Let me make my alert tone **LOUD**.
2. Let me choose the ringtone/alert tone that I want. “Help – The Beatles” would be OK.
3. Let me set the number of times the alert goes off before I either dismiss it or it dismisses itself. Like an alert in iCal works.
4. Let me have the option to repeat the alert every x minutes until I dismiss it.
5. Let me not have the same alert settings for MobileMail.app that I have the SMS.
I think that’s about it. Currently my Treo doesn’t do 2-5 and I don’t care, but as long as I’m putting up a wish list…