Yeah, I did something stupid and had to reinstall my server OS — again. I thought I’d be OK but my mail backup was about a day old. I’ve used [mailbfr] before and it worked great but this time I kept getting errors. It seemed that mailbfr wasn’t copying over the `skipstamp` file.
What I did was to copy this file manually then run some of the commands that system.log reported as not being run properly.
sudo cp /mailbfrBackups/mailbackup/cyrus_config_DIR/imap/db/skipstamp /var/imap/db
sudo /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -p default -i
sudo su _cyrus /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -i
sudo -u _cyrus /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/cyrus-quota -f
So far I think I’ve got all my users and mailboxes back. Of course all the email is now listed as unread, but I expected that.
Of course Alex came back with the real answer which was the following in mailbfr.
sudo mailbfr -f
sudo mailbfr -o
And all is well. I think.
Of course, it didn’t work as expected. I ended up reinstalling the OS and then fixing only specific users mailstores. Once everything was working I then updated the OS to 10.5.2 and now everything works.